Father’s Day is Sunday, June 19: the perfect time to celebrate dad and reflect on the many ways he’s made a difference in your life. But sometimes it’s difficult to ponder new gift ideas to show how much you’re thankful to have the greatest dad! Think outside the tie box this year and try one of these fun alternatives to making your Father’s Day unforgettable!
- Reminisce: Watch old home videos or flip through childhood photo albums. It’s easy to forget the countless memories that have been created over the years and Father’s Day marks a wonderful opportunity to remember how fast time flies.
- Join in the fun: Is there a particular sport or activity that dad enjoys? Maybe he would love some company while doing his favorite recreational activity. Or who knows, you both might discover a new hobby to share together.
- Dad’s duties: Help check off dad’s to-do list and complete his portion of house chores- without asking! Father’s Day should be about dad relaxing and giving him a much needed break!
- Bon Appétit: Food is the way to a man’s heart and no dad should go hungry! Prepare his favorite meal, whether it is a breakfast dish to wake him up early or a hearty dinner for all to appreciate.
- Family affair: What dad loves most about his job is spending time with family. However you decide to celebrate, suggest an activity that involves everyone. Having the whole gang together is enough to make any holiday special even if it means never leaving the house. With your family members having such busy lives, occasionally it’s nice to unwind within the comfort of your home.
Remember, Father’s Day shouldn’t be limited to just your biological father, but a celebration for all father figures and parenthood. Each of them deserves a “thank you” for being a dedicated father, so don’t forget to recognize them as well.