If you find yourself stuck inside this winter because of freezing temperatures and piles of snow, consider some of these fun DIY centerpiece ideas to decorate your dinner table or any part of your house for that matter.
Decorative Wine bottle
- Wine bottles
- Spray paint (color of your choice)
- Spray glue
- Newspapers/drop cloth
- Paint your bottles the underlying color.
- Spray bottle with spray glue, roll in glitter. Reapply spray glue and glitter as needed.
To create the bottles with only partial glitter, see the more in-depth directions here.
Mason jar snow man
- Mason jar
- White paint
- Paint brush
- 2 small, black buttons
- Orange felt
- Permanent marker
- Black paint
- Paint the mason jar white.
- Paint the lid black.
- Draw on the snowman’s eyes with permanent marker.
- Cut out a small triangle from the orange felt and glue it to jar as the nose.
- Draw on the snowman’s mouth.
- Measure your ribbon fit around the jar, but leave extra to tie it off. Apply glue to the inside of the ribbon before tying to the jar.
- Glue on the two buttons.
Birchwood candle holders
- Small/medium size log. Either from your yard or available in stores. Birchwood looks best but use what you like.
- Tea light candles
- 1.5-inch wood spade drill bit
- Saw your log into pieces. Each can be your desired height but I recommend varying the heights slightly.
- Using your drill and wood spade bit, drill a hole approximately 16mm deep into the tops of each log.
- Place the tea light into the hole and voila; Birchwood candle holders. Arrange them how you like and add any ribbon or other flair as you like.
This project is a little more difficult. Be careful with power tools and for more in-depth directions, click here.
- Glass vase. Any size will work
- Assorted ornaments. You can use some of your personal favorites or just buy some general colored ones at a dollar store or other décor store.
- Get your vase.
- Put the ornaments in (pretty hard, huh?)
This craft is perfect for the kids!
- Foam cone
- Green and white, round mints (you can use any candy or other decoration you like for this)
- Unwrap mints.
- Apply glue to one side of a mint and apply it to the foam cone.
- Repeat until tree is full.