Giving a room a facelift doesn’t have to take a long time or break the bank. Here are a few ways to add a little something special to transform a room.
- PAINT. There is nothing that makes a bigger impact in the shortest amount of time for the least expense than paint. Try painting the walls of your room a totally different color than you have to make a statement. Go from neutral to your favorite color even if you only do a feature wall. Paint an accent table a bright turquoise for a pop of color. Lighten up a bedroom by painting a dark wood dresser an antique white. Try tangerine for a warm and dramatic change. Celadon green will give your room a fresh, relaxing vibe. Whichever color you choose, make it a complete change from what you already have.
- THROW PILLOWS. Add a few colorful throw pillows in different shapes, sizes and textures to quickly update your living room. Use warm colors for a cozy feel for fall and winter. Try fresher and brighter colors for spring and summer.
- WINDOW TREATMENTS. Take down heavy drapes and let the sun shine through with some natural woven or bamboo light filtering shades. Your room will immediately look and feel larger. Or hang panels in bold prints or the newest ocean hues for an updated look.
- AREA RUGS. A new area rug can make a huge difference in a room. If your existing furniture is neutral, you may have more choices in bold patterns and colors. Also be sure to consider your lifestyle when choosing a new area rug. Will it be used in a high traffic area? Do you have children or pets? Keep in mind that pattern may hide stains and wool may last longer!
- FRESH TOWELS AND THROW RUGS. Replacing old kitchen and bathroom towels and throw rugs will make an instant change in both rooms. If possible purchase a couple different sets and colors and you can change up occasionally for an instant pick-me-up!